Anime News: Genshiken season 2 screen shots, production details scooped

Ohno Kanako is my wife
俺の嫁が帰って来たーーーぁァ!!
my wife has returned!!

, , ,

0 Responses to Anime News: Genshiken season 2 screen shots, production details scooped

1. SDS August 29, 2007 at 12:22 pm #

Oh my Oginess.

2. TheBigN August 29, 2007 at 12:28 pm #

Oh… no more manzo OPs? I’m sad. :(

3. pKjd August 29, 2007 at 12:37 pm #

Why isn’t manzo performing the OP!

4. Shingo August 29, 2007 at 2:01 pm #

Agreed, that’s the bit I’m most disappointed about thus far. I don’t know if anyone else performing these days could quite capture the spirit of the show the way Manzo did. Misato Aki has big and hard-rocking shoes to fill.
    That said, after thinking for a bit it’s true that the tenor of the show changes pretty dramatically from the first half of the manga to the second, switching from an energetic exploration of the otaku lifestyle to a much more introspective story about Ogiue’s personal struggle. If that’s the reason for the OP shift I’m guessing we can expect a song quite different from Manzo’s two previous offerings.

5. fake August 29, 2007 at 2:35 pm #

whoa, good scoop. not disappointed about the op switch, guess it’s a otaku thing. keep up the good work.

6. Sydney2K August 29, 2007 at 7:18 pm #

>> the show is being directed by Yoshimoto Kinji, a long time collaborator of Urushihara Satoshi’s known primarily for his work on Plastic Little.
    I guess Ohno will be a little more ‘bouncy’?:D

7. e-jump August 29, 2007 at 8:17 pm #

Ohnoes, its Ohno!!1111oneone

8. Sub August 29, 2007 at 8:51 pm #

It would be great if they could get Urushihara to guest as “Painstaking Breast Motions Animator”.

9. wildarmsheero August 29, 2007 at 10:45 pm #

Wau Yuuko Goto. I am excited!
    Ohno looks so pretty :)

10. SDS August 30, 2007 at 4:28 am #

This might increase the chance of them animating the entire bath scene.

11. YnY-u August 30, 2007 at 4:42 am #

Looks good so far… The designs seem to have been softened a bit from those used in the OVA – especially Ogiue. No objections though. I will definitely miss Manzo, but given the story’s shift in focus it could work.. Wait and see I guess…
    Gotou Yuuko as Sue? That seems like an odd choice to me… Or does she do more sarcastic voices too..?

12. *shrug* August 30, 2007 at 6:42 am #

I was kinda hoping they’d get native English-speakers to voice Angela and Sue… *sigh* oh well… hopefully the voices they chose will come out well enough.

13. coeli September 1, 2007 at 12:41 am #

I can’t wait to see this!!

14. Peter S September 1, 2007 at 1:30 pm #

Since most of Sue’s lines come out of anime shows she’s seen, I can’t wait to hear what Gotou Yuuko does with them. I wonder if she can add a bad American accent …

15. Richard "Pocky" Kim September 7, 2007 at 12:16 am #

Boo on the no Manzo.
    Yay on the Gouto.
    I hope, I really hope they do there scene where Ono makes Ogiue do Kujian cosplay. >.>