0 Responses to Anime News (?): Code Geass chichikurabe

1. Demian July 11, 2007 at 12:12 pm #

I applaud the results of this thoroughly scientific investigation. Now there is proof that Millay is the best Geass girl, bar none.

2. Purel July 11, 2007 at 1:18 pm #

Actually there is a full second season. 25 more episodes. Most likely starting in October.

3. Shingo July 11, 2007 at 1:33 pm #

>>Purel
    I thought there was, but in looking for a source that confirms the second season I was unable to find anything. The Japanese Wikipedia article and the official website are both silent… Could you point me to any relevant leads?

4. The-O July 11, 2007 at 2:25 pm #

It’s been announced a while ago about a season 2, though this is all I could dig up for now:

5. Shingo July 11, 2007 at 2:33 pm #

>>The-O
    Thanks! I did recall that a second season had been more or less officially announced, but given that there’s still no confirmation anywhere in the show’s online Japanese presence I’m a bit concerned. Perhaps they’re holding off until 24 and 25 are screened to make it official.
    While I do think it needs more than two episodes to resolve, I’m not sure how they’ll coherently fill an entire 25 beyond that…

6. The-O July 11, 2007 at 5:30 pm #

hm… I’m sure they probably could fill another season.
    ::possible spoilers ahead::
    Even if Cornelia is crushed there’s still the older brother and the father remaining. We still have many questions left unanswered and new material: the mystery behind CC’s past, her powers, “super powered up” Orange-kun, Kaguya’s new wifely devotion to Zero, and of course we can’t forget VV (think that was her name).
    ::end of possible spoilers::
    In the worst case scenario, fill it with flashbacks. >.

7. Shingo July 11, 2007 at 5:46 pm #

I’m thinking more of the psychological stability of the protagonists (or lack thereof), and whether Lelouche can pull back from the brink of madness for long enough to keep things coherent until whatever apocalypse he winds up ushering in. There are certainly a lot of unsolved mysteries (the introduction of VV and mutant Orange-kun in 23 not the least), not to mention the unresolved issues of Shirley’s reawakening memories and what will become of Viletta (poor Viletta… how I wanted to save her from that lynch mob, I know already that her next scene is going to be one of the hardest for me to watch in the show).
    So, yeah. Plenty of fodder, but I just wonder if the glue is there to keep ramping up the dramatic tension as it has so skillfully done to this point without going over the top and becoming too absurd to suspend disbelief. I guess all we can do is trust in the mad writing skills that have brought the show this far…

8. unangbangkay July 13, 2007 at 4:56 pm #

>>I just wonder if the glue is there to keep ramping up the dramatic tension as it has so skillfully done to this point without going over the top and becoming too absurd to suspend disbelief.
    Maybe they’ll switch characters. It’s pretty clear that this is a very “franchise-able” fiction, what with the whole “noodle-limbed alternate reality” schtick. So if nothing too apocalyptic happens in the end, it would be pretty simple to switch “Areas” and casts, so long as Pizza Hut serves in the appropriate territory :P