Site News: HD represents at AX 2007

It’s official – the crazy people at J-List are just crazy enough to crazily ship me to some crazy anime convention in crazy Long Beach. Crazy!
While HD won’t have an official presence at the event, I’ll be doing duty at the J-List booth in the exhibit hall all four days so there will be a captive audience if you want to stop by and hurl some vulgar invective (or *cough* pick up your copy of Yume Miru Kusuri *cough*. We might sell out!). Also, along with my boss I’ll be hosting a panel devoted to JAST USA and the English eroge industry in general, taking place on Friday the 29th from 7:30-8:20 pm in room LP 3 (LBCC 201), 18+ only. We’ll be taking a look at the industry’s past, present, and future, as well as announcing a couple of new truly blockbuster titles we have in the pipeline; we’ve got free loot to give away as well, so if you’re at all interested the localization of Japan’s (not quite) oldest industry I’d say it’s worth stopping by for a look-see!
Other than these on-the-job pursuits I’m thinking it would be cool to arrange a meet up of like-minded folks for a meal or a drink or some such; other than myself and CMWilly I know Beerman will be there, but my contacts on the left coast are otherwise quite scanty – if you’ll be in the LA area over the AX weekend why not give a holler in comments here and see if we can get some festivities arranged? Also, as this will be my first Expo I’d appreciate any suggestions as to what I should try to attend (or avoid); I’m sure enough of my free time will be spent wandering the event halls in a jetlagged / inebriated / generally zombified state as it is. I’d say “look for the tall balding clueless gaijin” but that might not narrow it down much…

, , ,

0 Responses to Site News: HD represents at AX 2007

1. fake June 18, 2007 at 2:42 pm #

go to the concerts, they have so many this year. like s.k.i.n and the girls from haruhi. i’m going to be there but i don’t play eroge. i go for the cosplayers. have fun.

2. Shingo June 18, 2007 at 3:07 pm #

>>fake
    Thanks for the advice. I’m planning to try to make it to the Haruhi concert and maybe Momoi’s as well, though scheduling them in the middle of the day complicates things. Concerts are for evenings, people. >:(

3. beerman June 18, 2007 at 4:58 pm #

Oh ho, why not prepare ourselves for one crazy ass weekend~
    I, too, was planning on a gathering of some kind. It’ll be nice to finally meet the fellas (and gals?) behind the blogging scenes. I know of very, very few bloggers in the Southern California area, but I do know moetron will be there to represent.
    The J-List booth could ideally serve as an congregational ground — easy to spot and away from the hectic frenzy of the crowds.

4. The-O June 18, 2007 at 7:03 pm #

Interesting, wasn’t planning on going to AX this year, but after the SOS-dan Invasion Tour, we’ll you can guess. :p
    Probably will end up doing some coverage on the event, maybe we could do a meetup.

5. omo June 19, 2007 at 5:29 am #

Best things you can do at AX:
    1) find other fans and meet them. say hi to the other guys in your situation, boothsitting and what not.
    2) go line up for ludicrous long concert long lines long wait long hot wait long wait long wait. You can talk and chat there in line. This year…God Knows[/pun] how long the lines are and how many lines are there.
    3) GO TO THE MEET THE GUEST RECEPTION. It costs extra and you have to get tix for it, but it is sooooo worth it (if you dig talking to guests).

6. Kurushimi June 19, 2007 at 10:05 am #

I’ll definitely stop by the booth and say hi!

7. loplop June 19, 2007 at 11:39 am #

Looking forward to meeting you at AX.
    The Haruhi concert looks to be a highlight of this years show. Although I would love to talk to some one from Japananime about repeated date slips on shipping of there titles . . . .

8. Shingo June 19, 2007 at 1:51 pm #

>>beerman
    Moetron’s going to be there as well, eh? Superb… Using the J-List booth as a recon point sounds good to me. I’m looking forward to the insanity that awaits. :3
    >>The-O
    I have a feeling a lot of other people will be making their decisions accordingly… I just hope everyone who wants to can get into the concert. Stop by the J-List booth if you feel like hanging out!
    >>omo
    Thanks for the tips. I’m definitely intending to do #1, and hope to somewhat avoid #2 (not averse to standing in long lines, but I won’t be able to get that much time off from work…), #3 I’ll need to research a bit. I don’t see it listed on the event schedule?
    >>Kurushimi
    Sweet, see you there! I’m afraid(?) I won’t have any crazy doujinshi to sell this time around…
    >>loplop
    It’ll be good to meet you too. I hope we can all make it into the Haruhi concert, I have a terrible premonition that demand is going to way outstrip the supply of tickets… I’m missing the Japananime reference, sorry, what’s that about?

9. GattsHawk June 19, 2007 at 5:10 pm #

My first time posting here but yeah AX definitely is where to be for concerts. I’m paying for premier tickets to the Haruhi concert and am trying to go to all the other except SKIN cause it conflicts with the Haruhi Guest of Honor panel. At least to get in line for the panel I would have to skip seeing SKIN.
    Also, you did take note that Circus will have a booth and hold a panel on Sunday night. Definitely going to that over watching Masquerade.
    If I drop by the J-List booth, I will try to give you a holler. Have fun at AX, it should be interesting if not super crowded

10. InsaneLampshade June 19, 2007 at 8:45 pm #

I’ll be at AX *makes note to visit J-List booth*.

11. KOF 2000 June 20, 2007 at 6:19 pm #

I don’t suppose this is one of those “you and selected guests” kind of thing, is it? :D

12. Rachel June 21, 2007 at 11:49 am #

We were planning on posting something about a bloggers get-together/ meetup tomorrow on our site. If you and other bloggers are interested in an “official” bloggers meetup, a time and place could be arranged along with a list of who would be willing to show. Then, said participants could post the info on their site and help spread the word.
    Hopefully we can get a good sized group together and maybe discuss the current affairs of the anime blogosphere…nahhhh, just hang and enjoy the company ^^.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. Moogy’s Anime Blog :: Game Musings, Episode 1 - Release Dates - June 20, 2007

[…] according to Heisei Democracy, some highly anticipated new eroge localizations will be announced at AX. HD has ties to JAST, so […]