The weekend corresponding with payday at the end of the month is always a big one for eroge releases in Japan, and this month is no exception. As usual Galge scoops the game releases we can look forward to for today (May 25th), the most important and/or interesting of which are detailed below:
Kimi ga Aruji de Itsuji ga Ore de from Minato Soft
- The biggest release of the month is no doubt Minato Soft’s Kimi ga Aruji de Itsuji ga Ore de, the spiritual successor to Candy Soft’s Tsuyokiss, the game which virtually launched the tsundere genre. Will this new offering do for butlers what Tsuyokiss did for crabby girls? Only time will tell…
Touka Gettan from Root
- Next up is Root’s Touka Gettan, originally scheduled for release around the same time as the on-air launch of the all ages anime by the same name. Having not yet had the chance to watch the anime I have no idea what this is about aside from Carnelian, but it’s notable in that I believe this is the first project ever to see the (near) simultaneous release of an 18+ bishoujo game and an all ages anime based on the same franchise. Intriguing! *strokes chin thoughtfully*
Tsukutori from ruf
- Also of interest in today’s release line up is ruf’s Tsukutori, mentioned here because everyone likes a good Japanese- style suspense adventure but mostly because it’s from the same company that produced Yume Miru Kusuri (on sale now! *cough cough*). I’m not aware that the two games share any staff in common, but I support the brand in principle. PS: For the love of all that is great and good please get Tanaka Romeo back on scenario duty as soon as possible. :3
Those are the big three this week. Stepping down a rank we have, in no particular order:
- Whirlpool’s Ina Koi! Fan Disc
lighthearted fan disc action
- Studio Ryokucha’s Katakoi no Tsuki
some kind of school game
- Lusterise’s Shoku
- Lune’s Fuurin Kanzan
dark Japanese-style historical fantasy
- Illusion’s School Mate
high spec low plot polygon romp
- Asa Project’s Meikuru!
welcome to happy maid life!
- Red Label’s Cheer Moe
- Meromero Cute’s Draculius
bloodsucking mysterious story adventure
- Norn’s Tsukaima wa Makai Princess
Zero no Tsukaima in reverse, only she’s still tsundere
- Honki Jiru’s Ore no Megami-sama!
Ah! My Goddess the eroge
- Honey Soft’s Koufuku no Shokutaku
heartful home comedy
- Erogos’ Inshoku Chikan Densha
animated train groping
And that’s a wrap! Looking ahead to June’s round of month-end releases makes this group pale by comparison; brace your wallets for impact, ladies and gentlemen.