0 Responses to Figure News: Legit Bubba Haruhi kit finally ships

1. Abaye May 19, 2007 at 12:09 pm #

Well, I must agree on you with that article you post, but to be honest, it is very hard to buy “original” figures directly from Japan. Not everyone has access to publications like Dengeki, and I think not many people can read japanese or access the japanese market or live in Japan. The Pirates like the ones you mention are the few that offers this kind of figures and even if they dont offer “original” figures, they try to offer this.
    As you mention, the japanese companies do little to stop this and they dont offer the figures to outsiders, and the stores that offers japanese “original” products are sites in “japanese” I buy original products as I can access and buy products in english translated companies like HLJ and Animaxis, but they dont usually offer the products like Bubba. Auctions sites like Yahoo Japan has those figures, but I dont even know if there are originals there, and dont ask me if I can read japanese…and of course, it is “overpriced” and they usually dont send products overseas as well.
    Not many people can buy in japanese stores like amiami or hobbystock (I could appreciate some tips in there cause I am not japanese or read it)
    Yeah, it is a shame and unless the japanese companies offer more to “gaijins” the only thing I see is buying from the pirates (not correct, but only choice for many) or dont buy it at all….:(….gomen for the long post…Please dont hate me.

2. Shingo May 19, 2007 at 12:55 pm #

No, I agree with you – it’s fans who are put in the most unfair position here, because the Japanese market does nothing to open up to foreign access. It would be one thing if there were easy international access to these items, but even if you did buy the appropriate issue of Dengeki Hobby and mailordered the Haruhi kit that way they wouldn’t ship it overseas (for example). Its the Japanese companies’ fault for not taking advantage of the market that’s out there.
    I certainly don’t blame anyone who buys from the sites I linked for doing so – it’s the only way to obtain a lot of rare kits. I just wish this weren’t the case, and that people had legitimate avenues to get them (or that the IP holders would establish legitimate licensing relationships with the companies that are already producing and distributing their items). I know there’s nothing I can do about it, but if anything my message here is to Japanese companies: STOP IGNORING YOUR FOREIGN FANS.

3. Rob May 19, 2007 at 6:29 pm #

I’d been wondering if this version of Haruhi had been aquired for mass production, since I’ve seen a PVC prepaint version of her on ebay. I guess it’s bootleg then.

4. L.C May 19, 2007 at 7:56 pm #

Its a pity really, that quality figures such as this is not made available to the legions of Haruhi fans worldwide…Thus, unlicensed versions proliferate to meet the huge demand for the figure…

5. LiK May 19, 2007 at 11:52 pm #

i got the prepainted recast kit a few months ago because i loved the design. the kit itself is made from very high quality. i can’t believe they only sent out the official kit now.
    and it’s true. if people in other countries can’t buy those gorgeous kits from japan, then the recasts are the only way. it’s the manufacturer’s fault for ignoring their fans outside of japan.

6. Deibi Manabu May 20, 2007 at 2:42 pm #

Well, I got the “gathering” recast from e2046 a long time back now, as that was the only way to do so.
    Seriously, they should do better than this. I recently recieved my Max Factory Haruhi from Japan, and that is the Haruhi figure of the millenium. Starved fans of the figure department of Haruhi goods jumped on that like nothing else, but Bubba’s is slowly losing it’s desire since the company won’t release it in a different format.
    Why they don’t release it in either PVC or coldcast for large production, who knows. They’ve lost a LOT of money due to the Max figure, and FREEing’s offering is cementing their death (if they don’y hurry up and do something better than what they are currently doing)…Bubba must be writhing when he sees this happening! Poor guy.

7. jon May 21, 2007 at 7:45 am #

I totally agree, I’ll be honest i wanted that haruhi figure so bad that when i was in HK last i sent my auntie out to see what she could find, sorry to say she got me a bootleg the quality is actually amazing and it was only 180HKD.
    Im very happy with it. If i could have got the genuine article i so would have.