The last weekend of any given month is always a big one for eroge releases, and since starting my current job I think I’ve figured out why: the majority of Japanese are paid monthly on the 25th, leaving them flush with cash going into the subsequent weekend and ready for a bunch of discretionary spending.
This month is no different, and as usual Galge.com has the scoop on the 48 games that are going on sale today, April 27th. A quick roundup of the more notable titles follows:
- Circus’s ~Da Capo 2~ Spring Celebration
D.C. II fan disc
- Light’s R.U.R.U.R
sci-fi shota harem
- Giga’s Xcross Scramble
a Baldr game without Baldr in the title?
- Clockup’s Zwei Worter
epic sci-fi action
- Sumikko’s Ah Ojou-sama
school love comedy with highbrow girls
- Escu:de’s Figure@Carnival
Figure@Mate fan disc
- Score’s Yaku-chu!
ecchi hospital love comedy
- Selen’s Shakin Shimai
some game with sex in it
- Bootup’s Ane-Imo 2
sisters… sisters… never were there such devoted sisters…
- Atelier Kaguya’s Delta
harem with angels
- Cuffs’ Amesarasa
something vaguely loli
- FlyingShine’s Kurai Mirai 4
“kurai mirai 4” more like “final oxymoron 13”
- Lilith Mist’s Shion
TANA-designed really crazy shit
- Valkyria’s Chichi Chichi Chichichichichi!
Girl Power: the game, only with more lactation
- Mini-Mam’s Okami Shizuka
depressing harem training with interesting art
- Yokota Mamoru fans rejoice: Terios has an official page online for their recently announced Happy Princess! From the promotional material out thus far it’s apparently a clone of their earlier Ikinari Happy Bell (all of the girls are bound and determined to become your bride, or commit hilarious pratfalls in the attempt), though I prefer Shiiko to Nono (the new maid / judge as to who your future wife will be / SUPER SEKRET love interest and most popular character).
This is not Shiiko.
- Speaking of happy princesses, maker Hadashi Shoujo has updated their official site with a rough character design image for their next game. A princess will be starring, but they haven’t decided on a title or even a theme yet – it might be a love comedy, a training sim, or something else entirely. From the single rough image there I can’t tell who the designer is; if anyone has any ideas I’d be curious to hear them.
This might be a happy princess, but it is not Shiiko.
- Crepe has an official page up for their budget title Shinnin Kyonyuu Kyoushi Nana, a fairly self-explanatory game from the sample images available. It goes on sale via download tomorrow (April 28th) and in package form on May 25th.
This is not Shiiko either.
- Semi-pro doujin soft circle Courreges A (sister brand of the original Soft Circle Courreges – the “A” stands for “anime”, presumably) has their latest game available for download starting today. Entitled Shokushu Shoujo (tentacle girl), it features art by Bosshii (AskRay) as well as animated scenes that look surprisingly good, for Aftereffects work. A demo movie is available here… those seeking immediate gratification can hit up DLsite, though I think I’ll be waiting for the package version.
Definitely not Shiiko.
- In other tentacle doujin game news, maker Lusterise has unveiled the particulars of Shokushin, the doujin game to be accompanying their big-box Shoku release on May 25th as a free extra for those who preordered the game. Apparently they’re planning to sell it as a standalone afterwards, somewhat diminishing its value as an extra (or putting it in concrete monetary terms, from another perspective). Regardless, Shokushin boasts contributions from a fine collection of semi-pro doujin artists that should definitely not be missed by fans of the genre.
This is Shiiko. She is very expensive.