0 Responses to Anime News: Genshiken Season 2 – this time it’s for real!

1. kacpy April 23, 2007 at 7:39 pm #

BEYOND awesome. Many will probably disagree with me, but I hope it uses the OVA art style, instead of the original TV one.

2. Shingo April 23, 2007 at 7:57 pm #

I’m with you there, I prefer the OVA designs to the original TV ones. Though what I’d really like to see would be an actual budget for the animation… not likely, I know, but a fellow can dream.

3. Fabien April 23, 2007 at 8:21 pm #

I was so hoping for a TV Drama… Storywise, it’s quite possible they have to redo the Ogiue and Kuchiki introduction all over again.

4. AT1987 April 23, 2007 at 8:50 pm #

Wow! It’s a good news for me to see Ogiue again. I hope the quality is equal or less than the OVA a little. I’m looking forward to.

5. e-jump April 23, 2007 at 9:31 pm #

Disregard these, im already listening to Madarame’s advice, buy what you feel like it >_

6. SDS April 23, 2007 at 10:10 pm #

Hehehehehehehehe.
    Hahahahahahahaha.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

7. Leon McNichols April 23, 2007 at 11:42 pm #

oMG, Its true ! Praise the higher up. The Prayers have not gone unanswered !! Season II (tears) is finally at fruition.
    The TV series itself was good I liked it regardless of what others said. I like The OVA Animatiton as well, but seeing the series from Manga to anime just does this old soul good. Reminds me of my own teen/young adult yrs.

8. loplop April 24, 2007 at 12:24 am #

YES! This should have happened a long time ago . . .

9. K April 24, 2007 at 1:12 am #

I don’t really have anything against the animation or character designs in the OVA but I’ve got serious issues with the minimal use use of shading. I prefer the look of the old Genshiken anime over OVA but as long as it’s Genshiken, anything will do.

10. kacpy April 24, 2007 at 1:41 am #

I don’t ~think~ they’ll redo the new cast introduction – if only because OVAs have episodes 13,14(,15) IN the title screens. Then again, who knows…
    I hope it’s a sequel to the OVA, although one case scenario is they might use the OVA episodes as part of the new season (a kick in the nutz for those who bought Kujiun boxes only for Genshiken). :x

11. Kurushimi April 24, 2007 at 4:31 am #

You know, now it makes perfect sense why they picked the stories they did for Episodes 13 and 14, as in the manga they were standalone stories.
    So 12 episodes to cover up rougly 4.5 volumes of manga, it’ll be great seeing/hearing Oguie’s arc. TV viewers might be a little confused by her sudden appearance though…

12. Dio April 24, 2007 at 4:32 am #

Genshiken Season 2 da
    WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

13. TheBigN April 24, 2007 at 6:07 am #

Someone over there loves us. :3

14. wildarmsheero April 24, 2007 at 8:07 am #

But the question is: will it have a budget?

15. Sydney2K April 24, 2007 at 12:36 pm #

Y’know, I haven’t watched the TV nor OAV’s yet, and I am still waiting to get the last volume… yet this makes me as happy as Larry. That, and second season Emma.

16. Viga April 28, 2007 at 7:10 am #

YES YES YES YES YES!
    im happy! but i hope they still put the ova eps in season 2 for the new and old veiwers.
    plus i perfer the season one style but as long as its genshiken!

17. Colin April 29, 2007 at 4:42 am #

*thinks back on previous happy discoveries*
    Scanslations…mmm.
    Scanslation site that didn’t suck…hmm.
    Dedicated anime torrent site…erm.
    Genshiken getting a new series…looks like we have a new champion :-).