The prize winners have been selected randomly from the first 100 members of the forum, with member 101 taking my place (a roll of 1 would grant the prize to him or her. Or Shii, in this case). The selection process was overseen by a blue-ribbon panel of expert observers, as selected randomly from among what was already on my table as I went to clean it off:
from left to right: mutant Necoarc, Necoarc, Revoltech King Gainer, a stuffed kangaroo keychain (thanks Adun!), Misaki (with Rio‘s scythe), the Ohno Brigade
front and center: Dark Sun dice bag, pair of ten-siders
No irregularities in the process were reported, though one of the Ohnos did complain of seeing double at one point… ok, enough of that. On to the roll results:
65. forum member “Syusuke”
52. forum member “Fat Cat Lim”
82. forum member “Unlimited Blade Works”
98. forum member “Kunoichi”
40. forum member “Fonzie”
100. forum member “3pyon”
11. forum member “wildarmsheero”
61. forum member “Random Otaku”
80. forum member “fettgans”
24. forum member “Ashley”
Congratulations to the winners! As a reminder, here’s what to do to claim your prize:
- Make a list of the ten items in the order that you’d like to have them, from most wanted (1) to least (10).
- Send that list to me at shingo ATMARK heiseidemocracy.com, along with your postal address.
- Prizes will be distributed based on ranking in your list and the order in which requests are recieved, so send those mails as soon as possible!
- Note regarding the “mystery prize”: it will probably be something related to Moetan.
- I’ll try to have prizes shipped within the next week, but it may be a bit longer – things are pretty crazy around here right now.
A final note to those who missed out on this initial contest: I apologize. I thought it would take at least a few days, realistically closer to a week, to reach the 100-member capacity goal; a gross miscalculation on my part, in hindsight. I do intend to run further contests in the future (should I ever have the funds to buy prizes again…), and will factor the lesson learned here into the design for subsequent promos to make them fairer and increase the chances of winning for those who don’t find out about them immediately. Oh, and do join the forums if you feel like it; you won’t be missing out on anything in the future by doing so, and just might get in on some cool stuff you’d otherwise miss.