Mainichi Junk: Moepalooza

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

February 2007

haruhimate

Notes

• E3 Staff’s Yukino collection may look good at this resolution, but given the maker’s previous track record it might be prudent to hold off on preorders until the finished product is available and has been reviewed by a disinterested third party. To those who clicked on the above link, thinking it couldn’t be that bad: you have my condolences.
  • Despite the atrocious resolution of the images for the December release Busou Shinki expansion items, some useful information can be gleaned from the item descriptions Hobbynet provides – particularly interesting is the fact that the Tsugaru weapon set add-on comes with a “Busou Shinki access code”. If access to the online sandbox were predicated on owning one of the character figures to which you would then append virtual accessories online there would be no need for an access code to come with the hardware acessories, so my current theory is that you gain mod options for the online iteration of your character by purchasing physical add-ons and entering their codes into your online profile, thus enabling your online character to mimic the physical appearance of the one you’ve built/modded from physical parts you purchased.
    This seems like a decent solution to me, especially if the game is based more on skill than on cash outlay (i.e. you could win even with the basic hardware that comes with buying a single kit). Details are still scant, but we’ll keep you updated as further official information comes online.

, ,

0 Responses to Mainichi Junk: Moepalooza

1. LiK July 15, 2006 at 6:22 am #

wooo, mechamusume figumates! *love*

2. Randall Fitzgerald July 15, 2006 at 9:43 am #

Strike Witches is going to be the fall hotness, I do declare.
    Also, if those IchiMashi figuremates look as good as their box art (not holding my breath) I will probably be making them the first set figuremates I buy.
    That Suigintou looks pretty nice as well. Hmm… but she’s no Souseiseki.

3. DMC July 15, 2006 at 11:59 am #

When I first saw an anime-styled figure of a girl with WWII fighter plane parts instead of human legs, I thought that the idea was ridiculous and that I’d never find myself interested in anything that stupid.

As of now, I’d actually considering paying the ridiculous import price for the Strike Witches OVA if a figure that came with it. And those Busoo Shinki (excuse my double-vowel romanization, I’m trying to get used to the system my Japanese textbook uses) figures are looking pretty damned cool, too… Japan doesn’t want me to have any money. Mechamusume is proof.

4. jetfuel July 15, 2006 at 12:38 pm #

DMC, “busou” is not the same as “busoo”. There are actually long ‘o’ sounds in Japanese which use ‘oo’, like “ookii”, and ones that use ‘ou’, like “toufu”.
    I’d love to go on a crusade to stop irresponsible romanization, *especially* those clowns who consolidate all long vowels into short ones! >:O

5. DMC July 15, 2006 at 3:04 pm #

>>jetfuel
    I am aware of the difference in how they’re written. However, in the textbook I’m using, (The Japan Times’ GENKI volume I, if you must know) no distinction is made between ou and oo. It looks wrong and it feels wrong, but I’m trying to go for consistency here.

6. Randall Fitzgerald July 15, 2006 at 3:37 pm #

The first book I ever got used “dess” and all that. Dropping the U. The romanization that I tend to use is the one that is used typing things into the IME with Windows. That seems to match properly with what I hear things and whatever. It drives me crazy. FIX IT DMC! You’re just digging a whole for yourself later! :D

7. DMC July 15, 2006 at 4:27 pm #

Alright, alright. Busou Shinki it is.
    Damned romanization elitists… :p

8. DMC July 15, 2006 at 4:29 pm #

Also, ” I’d actually considering” is what happens when you suck at reading your comments before posting. I mean to say “I’m”, but I typed “I’d” isntead. I suck.

9. sdf July 15, 2006 at 11:22 pm #

Are you working for mpsnet? XD

10. David R July 20, 2006 at 1:16 am #

Konami’s Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuu-utsu Figure Mate trading figures Vol. 2? When did they do Vol. 1?

11. Shingo July 20, 2006 at 4:20 am #

>>sdf
    Believe me, if anyone reading this could actually buy from mpsnet I’d consider charging them for all the free advertisement I’m handing out, but no – they’re just the easiest to use as an update reference.
    >>David R
    They didn’t. That’s a typo on Hobbynet’s part, I had to double-check to make sure.