Mainichi Junk: Facts and Figures Redux

• ebCraft’s Archer PVC from Fate / stay night
  • ebCraft’s Rin PVC from Fate / stay night

October 2006

November 2006

Date Unknown

From Hobby Japan August 2006

From left to right: Tetsudou Musume vol. 3 and Mechamusume (repaint ver.) trading figures both due out in September, along with an Ichimashi bathtime repaint and Air Gear capsule figures (vol. 2) from Bandai; REC’s Aka PVC (in color!) out in August from June Planning; the earlier scooped Tsukasa Bullet Megahouse Excellent Model CORE Mizuki PVC

From left to right: Hobby Japan mail-order only Rider PVC, new Sakura and Saber PVCs from Goodsmile in November and October respectively

From left to right: another new Sakura PVC, this one from Alter in “the fall”, the latest from Gainax featuring a Rei “I am not your doll” Ayanami resin kit from the official Eva store in August and Rei / Asuka pair of action figures from Volks in July

From left to right: more stuff from Volks (Manga version kits of Mai and Arika from HiME and Otome, as well as new kits from Getsumen Toheiki Mina) that none of us will ever own as it is only on sale every alternate Thursday from two to three PM in the VOLKS SECRET BASE deep in the heart of Akihabara and is produced in lots of a dozen, and an alternate color version of Kotobukiya’s Sela-chan PVC now available for preorder or directly at Wonder Festival in August

Orchid Seed does Witchblade! Resin kit due out in July, tentatively (I’ll believe that date when I see more than a silhouette)

Griffon does a new sexy Kanu Unchou kit from Ikkitousen, also due out in July.
From an unabashedly bosom-centric viewpoint today’s big news is certainly the release of Cobra-Kai‘s Sengoku Blade Koyori in PVC form from Daiki Kougyou, coming in November as noted above. Weighing in at 1/4 scale and 15,750 yen I can say with confidence that this is the biggest PVC item we’ve ever tracked here at HD; if the paint job is decent I’d say it’ll be worth every penny.

, , ,

0 Responses to Mainichi Junk: Facts and Figures Redux

1. Agent Wax June 29, 2006 at 10:04 am #

Are those oieces of Fuu (or whatever they’re called) removable from Koyo-chan’s body? Not that it really matters to me: I don’t really like what the sculptor did to her face…
    But the Miyuki model definitely has a removable top. Mmmmmm… kunoichi….

2. zoku88 June 29, 2006 at 10:21 am #

That Rec figure is looking really nice. The witch versions of Asuka and Rei also look good.

3. loplop June 29, 2006 at 11:50 am #

There is a 1/4 Mizuho from Onegai Teacher out now too that retails for about $200US . . . .

4. Shingo June 29, 2006 at 1:37 pm #

>>Agent Wax
    I’m pretty sure they will be; on the original resin kit they’re made of actual paper, iirc, and applied at the discretion of the kit builder. I can’t imagine they would do otherwise with the PVC (though they probably won’t be paper in this case).
    The TB Mizuki is incredibly hot, I have a poster of her up on my wall. :3 She’ll definitely be a worthy addition to the Megahouse lineup.
    >>zoku88
    The Aka figure does look nice, but so pricey… I think I’ll have to pass on her, which makes me sad. I can’t bring myself to even look too hard at the Eva figures for fear of falling into the Eva collection trap, a black hole from which few have returned. :V
    >>loplop
    Doh, you’re right. I also forgot about the 1/4 Naru from Love Hina released last year, and probably a couple of others… however I maintain my stance on Koyori being the biggest and/or most expensive PVC scooped here. IIRC that Mizuho is a cold cast or polystone, usually the mega-huge ones are (until they get as big as that Naru, who was hollow on the inside and made of a tupperware-esque plastic). Perhaps you could set me straight on this with a link…

5. Randall Fitzgerald June 29, 2006 at 2:16 pm #

Shingo, maybe you can figure this out for me, what is up with the 2000yen price difference between Rin and Archer? They’re the same scale, and pretty much the same size. Sure, 500 yen different maybe, but 2000 yen?!?! WTF?!?!?!

6. Shingo June 29, 2006 at 3:04 pm #

>>Randall Fitzgerald
    Beats me. Unless there’s an enormous quality difference between the two (which there doesn’t seem to be from the pictures in evidence) it’s been quite rare in my experience for two similar figures coming from the same company in the same time frame to be that far apart in price… could be some plain old gender bias, I guess.

7. loplop June 29, 2006 at 10:36 pm #

Shingo, Your right. It is a cold cast. Link . . . http://loplop.us/mizuho1-4.jpg

8. Kyouji June 30, 2006 at 1:25 am #

I’m saddened by the fact that the Sela-chan PVC is still gonna be damn rare and impossible for the rest of us to get. The Hobby Japan Rider PVC being mail-order only is enough to make me cry too. Curse you, Japanese collectors and the companies that pander to your collection urges.

9. scars king of time March 20, 2007 at 3:41 am #

nice but needs more pictures