Mainichi Junk: PVC + ABS = love^2

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

December 2006

Date Unknown

August’s edition of Hobby Japan came out a couple of days ago, and it has some scoops that haven’t made it into the Hobbynet listings yet (though many of them have). I’ll try to get caught up with the rest in the next day or two.
What’s up with HD?
As Bilbo Baggins would say in response to the interrogation of a trio of hungry trolls, “lots! – no, none at all.” A flurry of posts every couple of weeks is hardly a good way to blog, and HD’s spotty posting pattern is going to change – hopefully in the very near term. We (and I use the term loosely) are currently hard at work on a major site reincarnation that is going to engage the full potential of our superlative adjectivial power and propel HD into the stratosphere of sheer coolness I firmly believe it can achieve, but such preparations take time. More details are coming soon, but until then please ascribe all posting delays to a big UNDER CONSTRUCTION sign.

thx port
thx Port

, , ,

0 Responses to Mainichi Junk: PVC + ABS = love^2

1. loplop June 27, 2006 at 8:50 am #

Shingo, Have you seen anything about the XP Tan figure thats coming out in August? I have not been about to find anything other a quick blub . . . .

2. Jankars June 27, 2006 at 8:59 am #

OMG… Marimite car decals… Way cool. O.O

3. Shingo June 27, 2006 at 9:18 am #

>>loplop
    Yeah, it’s still on target for release according to this month’s Hobby Japan. I’d be more excited about it if the face weren’t just a bit off… will scan and post soon.
    >>Jankars
    It’s a SCOOOOOP!! Memo memo.

4. Port June 27, 2006 at 9:32 am #

Stops by “rainy”

5. TL-chan June 27, 2006 at 9:42 am #

Kagihime figures at last! I’m thinking of ordering Kiraha, but it’s regretful that there’s no Kisa. :(

6. Tsubaki June 27, 2006 at 6:17 pm #

I wonder what kind changes will HD go through. It’s already way cool lol.

7. Randall Fitzgerald June 27, 2006 at 6:40 pm #

I’d like to see the XP-tan scan. I have some pictures from Yuuyu in the post I did about the announcement. Looks like HobbyNet still has her listed as late August as well.
    (Sorry for self-link. It’s a bad habit. Don’t self-link at home.)
    And I am getting impatient about this EBEL DESEGN. I want to see it! You’ve been on about it for a few weeks now… or at least a week. Internet time is extended like that.

8. Jankars June 27, 2006 at 7:58 pm #

Shingo: I don’t get you… scoop?? What do you mean by that?

9. Shingo June 27, 2006 at 9:25 pm #

>>Tsubaki
    Some info will probably creep into a post soon, otanoshimi ni~
    >>Randall Fitzgerald
    Topical links are always welcome, and linking to yourself kills two birds with one stone, is my thinking. Though it can become an overused device, to be sure. At any rate, HJ provides precious little detail beyond what you have there, aside from a color shot of her de-skirted rear and confirmation that she’ll be out in August (though the mag is calling it in the first third of the month). EBEL DESEGN announced … perhaps a week ago? Internet time indeed. Anyway, I’m aiming for a pre-comiket launch if all goes well. Hopefully something worth anticipating… :V
    >>Jankars
    I was referring to this. Memo memo!

10. moetics June 28, 2006 at 9:57 am #

I got a question for ya Shingo, do u think Hobby Japan is the best source of scoop on figurines? It seems pretty Gundam heavy from what I remembered.
    I dunno what else is there besides Dengeki Hobby.

11. Shingo June 28, 2006 at 10:34 am #

>>moetics
    I’ve been browsing both of them for the past few months before picking up HJ in both cases. They’re basically the same magazine when it comes down to it, quite heavy on the Gundam (because they have to be to survive). The magazines that are solely focused on bishoujo figures (Replicant, Figure Maniax and the like) are quarterly, and focused more on pretty archival pictures than on breaking news. I wish there was a better alternative than HJ (or Dengeki Hobby) for these scoops, but there really isn’t.