Mainichi Junk: Puchi Figure Update Edition

Now on Sale

• B-Club’s Suzuka PVC from Suzuka
  • Dengeki Daioh August 2006 edition (with Shana figure from Shakugan no Shana)
  • Megahouse’s Reina Stooru PVC from Machine Robochronos no Daigyakushuu

Coming Attractions
June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

...wow. why does this have to be yujin?

so-so, ka na...

September 2006

zuuuuun

Taking a weekend off in this blogging business is like buying a fresh head of lettuce and putting it outside your house to be battered by the elements and then bringing it in after said weekend and making a salad out of it and eating it for breakfast.
lettuce.
like this, only browner. and more limp.

… managed to make up some of the sleep deficit last night, so I should be able to churn out some sort of additional make-up post this evening. So much stuff going on it’s hard to keep it all straight: there’s an enormous backlog of figure reviews, eroge reviews, and other misc. products (especially wacky otaku English-learning tools) I want to get through, and having foolishly signed up for this doujin con in October I’m going to actually have to learn to draw at some point. On top of that there’s a HD site redesign lurking in the wings somewhere, the possibility of a couple of side projects for other sites, and the whole of Japan that I somehow have to keep communicating with. In Japanese! And a day job to boot. And a bunch of other basic life maintenance stuff, come to think of it, that gets put off all too often (if the debit card HD’s Dreamhost account is running on expires in July as it’s currently set to do, it’s poof! all over). Maybe I should set up one of those handy donation-just-to-cover-bandwidth-expenses systems they have available, as a last resort…

, , ,

0 Responses to Mainichi Junk: Puchi Figure Update Edition

1. The-O June 20, 2006 at 8:33 am #

Love your work on this blog, I come here several times a day to check up on new updates. I’m sure other vistors including myself wouldn’t mind donating with the amount of information and effort you place here.

2. DMC June 20, 2006 at 9:08 am #

What are you thinking of drawing for the doujin event? When I heard you wanted to sign up I figured you had an artist already :p

3. Tsutako June 20, 2006 at 10:53 am #

I’d definitely put some money in to help if you did.

4. Shingo June 20, 2006 at 12:45 pm #

>>The-O
    Thanks for that. I don’t plan on asking for anything unless I can’t get my (US-based) card renewed by the time my next payment rolls around, as I’m only paying 20 bucks a month for the service and I’m not in too bad financial straits otherwise. If the logistics don’t pan out in time however, desperate times may call for desperate measures. -_-;;
    >>DMC
    Well, I told them it was going to be something ero so I guess that’s what I have to draw. Part of the reason for doing so is as payback to several artists who have given me their books gratis in the past, and to whom I’ve been building up a considerable debt of conscience; if I do subsequent events it may not be with ero material, but that depends on being able to pull this one off with something resembling competent work.
    It turns out I will be unemployed through August, time which I intend to use to good effect in hacking some skills together (bow hunting skills, computer hacking skills…) to put out a presentable product in October. We’ll see what happens.
    >>Tsutako
    What is it about you Australians and your awesomeness? The Vegimite, perhaps… I still haven’t tried any from the jar Roobar sent me (though I ate all the Tim-Tams straight away), perhaps I shall put some on sushi the next time it’s served at a school party.

5. DMC June 20, 2006 at 1:42 pm #

>>Shingo
    Ahh… So have you ever tried drawing before? I’d be interested in seeing some samples if you had.

6. DMC June 20, 2006 at 1:43 pm #

Had ‘any’, that is. Stupid me and my never proofreading things.

7. Tsutako June 20, 2006 at 3:09 pm #

Shingo: haha, what is it with foreigners and them thinking Australians are awesome? ;D
    Honestly, I enjoy the news and reviews and pictures, so it’s the least I can do to help. Personally not a fan of the scary brown stuff, so I hate to think what it’d do to your sushi D: but Tim Tams? Awesome. Must be those.

8. Randall Fitzgerald June 20, 2006 at 5:02 pm #

Hey, what is this crazy HD disappearing stuff?
    I’ve got a dedicated server that I’d be happy to give you space on if you need it. Just let me know what sort of bandwidth you move in a month and provided it’s not insane then I could set you up with FTP, Web, Email, etc, etc. Though, I am on a windows box, so Rails and kooky stuff like that don’t like to work with my box. Haha, needed it for my ASP.net work I do for clients.
    Also, there’s a black version of the Bome Kasumi, but I’ve only seen it on that one site.
    And WTF @ SD Saber costing 4000 yen?!

9. Shingo June 20, 2006 at 5:46 pm #

>>DMC
    Here‘s something I sketched at work today… as you can see, much work is needed in this department.
    >>Tsutako
    The Tim-Tams it is, then. Must see if I can find a way to import more of those! Thanks again for the offer, I’ll let you know if it comes down to the nitty-gritty.
    >>Randall Fitzgerald
    Thanks, but I think the easiest route here would be to find an alternate way to pay dreamhost for a month or two until I get the card situation straightened out (should it come to that). Re: black Bome Kasumi, are you thinking Hobby Stock? They seem to be getting all of the special edition deals these days… 4,000 yen is a lot for Saber, especially without any wacky mods like NECO ARC has. Needs more miscellaneous food items and replaceable ahoge…

10. DMC June 21, 2006 at 3:41 am #

>>Shingo
    Well, I’d still buy it. If I were in the area. :P

11. Randall Fitzgerald June 21, 2006 at 4:02 am #

Actually, it was Rakuten, of all places, which is why I only knew about it because my friend Nuke sent me a link (WOO! Exclusive content! Haha.)
    HobbyStock is just running the white and blue models. And Rakuten has a combo deal that saves 100 yen, not a big deal, but hey! One item instead of two in the shopping cart or whatever.
    Also, here’s hoping nothing lame happens with Dreamhost. I know everyone’s been on edge since danbooru went down. I think if I ever went back to shared hosting, I’d go with Media Temple anyway. YAY MEDIA TEMPLE!